- Homeless men speak out about need for 'safe sanctuary' in city after Cornerhouse rooftop protest http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/homeless-men-speak-out-need-12943263 …
- House of Brag, Eileen House, The Coronet, Camberwell Church St, Domville Grove, 362 Old Kent Rd, Kinglake Est, Friary Est, Pullens Est...
- So many great Southwark squat stories: Malt St, Downtown, Ambulance Station, Peckham Dole House, Railyway Cottages, 56a Infoshop, Black Frog
- Very early Squatters Network of Walworth newsletter. Many editions of their fortnightly Squatters paper The Wire archived at @56aInfoshoppic.twitter.com/t0zO6l2ix6
- 1976 "the only future for public housing..is the tenant take-over" They prob read that & made sure tenants powerless https://www.scribd.com/doc/77447470/Ward-Housing-An-Anarchist-Approach …
- For example, the as yet unwritten history of SNOW (Squatters Network of Walworth) in 80's is an incredible one of mass organised squattingpic.twitter.com/gWOY7LBGkn
- At the time they were leaving Council homes empty & taking year or more to re-tenant. Result 1000's of empties & lots of self-help housing
- A staged rooftop squatters protest containing around 50 people took place at Oxford Road, after threats of eviction http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2017/04/25/squatters-protest-cornerhouse-manchester-threats-eviction-network-rail/ …pic.twitter.com/7a1OckE6hL
- And when they took power locally they became rabidly anti-squatting! Just look at Lambeth and Southwark's anti-squatting histories...
- At certain point, when? 1980's? the Left abandoned squatting as part of wider housing struggles. Was it because they entered local councils?
Author Archives: ass
The building where ASS, and many other cool groups, is based needs serious work to keep it standing. We’re in the attic so particularly want the roof working right, as well as everything between us and the ground. Here’s the … Continue reading
Updated to inspire a new generation after LASPO 2012 (the criminalisation of squatting in residential property) and other changes. Packed with more information, glossary and index for easier use. A bargain at £2 (arrangements for bulk purchase / squat type … Continue reading
A few days ago the former Camelot Europe HQ, in Westland Park London N1 was squatted in protest against guardian companies’ anti-social profiteering from empty properties and homelessness. For those who don’t know, Camelot are the original “guardian” company, invented … Continue reading
http://www.squashcampaign.org/2016/09/four-years-since-residential-squatting-criminalised/ Four years ago today, squatting in empty residential properties became a criminal offence in England and Wales, with the introduction of section 144 of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act (2012). Since then many young and … Continue reading
Does anyone know why Labour MP for Brent Central, Dawn Butler would be asking the Secretary of State for Justice if he is bringing in legislation to further criminalise squatting?
SQUATTERS have occupied a house in Bristol in protest at its imminent sale. The terraced house in West Grove, Montepelier, was due to be sold by owners Knightstone Housing Association at an auction tonight. Police are currently outside the building, … Continue reading
the ASS email appears not be sending properly, especially with attachments so if you were expecting a response from us and don’t get one, give us a call we do normally reply
Avonmouth Squatting Victory On 20th April 2016 a group of campaigners squatted a council house in Avonmouth to stop it being sold. Six dramatic weeks later the squatters left, having successfully stopped the sale. http://www.squatbristol.co.uk/2016/06/avonmouth-squatting-victory.html In March 2016 the then … Continue reading