- You can't evict a movement: a story of squatting and migration in Athens https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/hector-uniacke/you-cant-evict-movement-story-of-squatting-and-migration-in-athens …
- Solidarity with @Bristol_sisters dont hesitate to get in touch if we can help with anything.
- Squatters have taken over the old Cornerhouse cinema and turned it into an art gallery - Manchester Evening News http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/squatters-taken-over-old-cornerhouse-12776627#ICID=FB-MEN-main …
- Love a bit of autonomous art + reclaiming space. Excited to see www. http://loosespace.org squat the cornerhouse. Love + power to them all
- There are currently squatters occupying Cornerhouse cinema 1, opening it up for homeless and putting on arts events @OxfordRdCorner
- bookshop may be closed but we're not - give us a ring.
- .@lambeth_council went out with Immigration Enforcement visiting rough sleepers 17 times last year, detaining 19 people!#CutTheCollaborationpic.twitter.com/kutUsarylJ
- Shocking. Councils and homelessness charities @StMungos @ThamesReach deporting homeless migrants #cutthecollaboration https://twitter.com/NELMAcampaigns/status/837996704259518470 …
- Homelessness charities @StMungos & @ThamesReach are helping to deport rough sleepers against their will #StoptheScandal #CutTheCollaboration
- Stop dehumanising them and let them have the only vacant shelter that they can find when its cold and rainy
Author Archives: ass
The building where ASS, and many other cool groups, is based needs serious work to keep it standing. We’re in the attic so particularly want the roof working right, as well as everything between us and the ground. Here’s the … Continue reading
Updated to inspire a new generation after LASPO 2012 (the criminalisation of squatting in residential property) and other changes. Packed with more information, glossary and index for easier use. A bargain at £2 (arrangements for bulk purchase / squat type … Continue reading
A few days ago the former Camelot Europe HQ, in Westland Park London N1 was squatted in protest against guardian companies’ anti-social profiteering from empty properties and homelessness. For those who don’t know, Camelot are the original “guardian” company, invented … Continue reading
http://www.squashcampaign.org/2016/09/four-years-since-residential-squatting-criminalised/ Four years ago today, squatting in empty residential properties became a criminal offence in England and Wales, with the introduction of section 144 of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act (2012). Since then many young and … Continue reading
Does anyone know why Labour MP for Brent Central, Dawn Butler would be asking the Secretary of State for Justice if he is bringing in legislation to further criminalise squatting?
SQUATTERS have occupied a house in Bristol in protest at its imminent sale. The terraced house in West Grove, Montepelier, was due to be sold by owners Knightstone Housing Association at an auction tonight. Police are currently outside the building, … Continue reading
the ASS email appears not be sending properly, especially with attachments so if you were expecting a response from us and don’t get one, give us a call we do normally reply
Avonmouth Squatting Victory On 20th April 2016 a group of campaigners squatted a council house in Avonmouth to stop it being sold. Six dramatic weeks later the squatters left, having successfully stopped the sale. http://www.squatbristol.co.uk/2016/06/avonmouth-squatting-victory.html In March 2016 the then … Continue reading