It balances straightforward, practical advice with comprehensive coverage of the statutes, regulations, guidance, Student circulars and a rapidly developing body of case-law.
This is the key reference image work for lawyers and advisers working with Gypsies and Travellers and hidden an essential guide for local authorities on their duties to the travelling community and wholesale mlb jerseys the social and legal implications of failure Farm to fulfil these obligations. Gypsy and Traveller Law also aims to empower Gypsies and Travellers to secure their rights and challenge injustice.
It also features a myth-busting history of travellers that should be required reading for anybody contaminated by tabloid bigotry (as wholesale jerseys should Colin Ward’s ‘Cotters and Squatters’ ! ).
The book covers…
- the history of Gypsies and Travellers
- the role of local authorities, the police and other public bodies
- the application GEMT of the Human Rights Act
- the legal protection against wholesale nba jerseys discrimination provided by Race Relations legislation
- the provision and management of official sites
- evictions from unauthorised encampments
- homelessness legislation as it affects Gypsies and Travellers
- guidance on planning law and setting up a site
- access to education and healthcare
The appendices contain a wealth of information including: guidance on judicial review procedure; preparing planning applications and appeals; extracts cheap nba jerseys from legislation; useful contacts and reference materials.
It’s available from Legal Action Group, 242 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9UN, Tel: 020 7833 2931, Fax: 020 7837 6094, email@example.com
Price £29 .
ISBN / ISSN : 1 903307 26 0. Legal Action Group Website